He is a highly specialist psychotherapist on the National Autism Unit at the Bethlem Royal Hospital . The National Autism Unit has achieved an ‘Outstanding’ rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and is accredited by the National Autism Society .
Peri has over 30 years experience of working with people with severe and complex mental illness and autistic conditions. He is particularly experienced in working with people who may be less verbal.
Peri is the creator of Freeforming Contact Meditation .
Peri is the author of –
- Attentional Scope and Mental Illness in Embodied Relational Gestalt Editor: Michael Clemmens 2019,
- Freeforming; Connecting Without Words co-author with Paul Barberin Continuity and Change: Gestalt Therapy Now Editors: Dan Bloom and Philip Brownell, Cambridge Scholars Publishing 2011.
- Guidance for identification and treatment of individuals with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorder based upon expert consensus 2020. Contributing author
Peri pioneered the use of mindfulness-based movement and music orientated therapeutic workshops in residential mental health units in the early 1980′s. He has 40 years experience of meditation, mindfulness, martial arts and embodied awareness practices.
He studied at the Laban Centre for Movement Studies and the London Contemporary Dance School and has performed, choreographed and composed for theatre and television. He was a contributor to Dance Theatre Journal. His work was notable for his development of the Task Module
A black belt, he trained and taught Aikido and Kashima Shin Ryu sword work for over 25 years in Japan, USA and Norway. He has also studied Tai Chi and Alexander Technique. He is a member of Ambient Jam.
He began training in Judo in the 1960′s then vipassana, Zen meditation and Hatha Yoga in the early 1970′s.
Peri a is registered member of the following professional bodies
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- European Association for Psychotherapy
- The Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration
- The Society for Psychotherapy Research
- The European Association of Integrative Psychotherapy
- United Kingdom Association of Gestalt Practitioners
- Association for the Advancement of Gestalt Therapy
- Metanoia Institute