9:30am – 5:30pm Saturday 7 December 2013 Cost £95
25 St Donatts Road London SE14 6NU
A day of live supervision and experiment to expand and hone your practice. The day is an opportunity to focus on any areas you wish to develop and to gain coaching on your clinical practice. This is also an excellent way to develop your own self-supervisory skills. Numbers are limited to allow for relaxed experimentation in an intimate setting.
CPD certificates will be issued.
Book early to avoid disappointment.
or cheque for £95 payable to Peri Mackintosh at the above address.
The British Gestalt Journal
12th Annual BGJ Seminar Day
Saturday, 30th November 2013
Peri will be presenting a workshop seminar “Savouring the Situation”.
Venue: The Gestalt Centre, 96-100 Clifton St., London EC2A 4TP
Venue Website Directions :: Google Map
EAGT 2013 Krakow
Peri will be presenting workshops on both Freeforming and The Attentional Scope approach at the EAGT conference in Poland 20-22 September 2013.
Working the Wordless
Thursday 28th February & Friday 1st March 2013Metanoia Institute 13 North Common Road Ealing
Contact with our immediate experience allows us to open to the creative potential of our situation. However, the conceptualising involved in “talking about” can contribute to more fixed gestalts.
This workshop explores how we can encourage our clients to move beyond the limitations of conceptualisation and narrative to a direct creative engagement with the energies of living. Participants will learn to physically engage the flow and direction of awareness, attention, affect and arousal to help clients:
- Free themselves from the rigidity of thought
- Enhance their capacity for their own vitality
- Re-establish a creative relationship with their situation
Open to Graduate and Students from all modalities
Peri Macintosh Dip. & MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy, UKCP & EAP Registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor, is a senior psychotherapist and supervisor at the Bethlem Royal Hospital and in private practice in London. He is the creator of Freeforming Contact Meditation and has over 25 years experience developing embodied therapeutic approaches for people with severe mental illness, autistic spectrum disorders and profound sensory and mobility disabilities. He began training in Vipassana meditation and Zen in 1973, studied at the London School of Contemporary Dance and Laban Centre for Movement Studies and as a black-belt, taught Aikido in USA, Japan and Norway.
£280 (Metanoia Members)/ £320 (Non-Members)
Working with Body Process
A one-day workshop 10-5pm Saturday 30 June 2012 Fee £110
(scholarships available contact Peri for details)
- therapists sensitivity to own and clients emotional/attentional energy and its relational resonance
- observational and attunement skills to non-verbal aspects of the therapy situation
- experimental approach to exploring and integrating these embodied energies within the relationship
- 7 minutes’ walk from both New Cross and New Cross Gate stations (zone 2), on the main rail network and London Overground.
- On major bus routes including 21, 36, 53, 136, 171, 172, 177, 225, 321, 343, 436, 453.
- 10 minutes’ walk from Deptford Bridge Docklands Light Railway (DLR) station.
- On the National Express coach route.
- At the junction of the A2 and the A20, on Lewisham Way.